Monday, May 6, 2013

A Couple to Share ....

Well I have been trying to make a few cards to have in hand this week. Also I have been trying to use up bits and bobs from my stash.

I love to buy Kaisercraft papers (as you may be aware) and they do these sheets which have up to 12 blocks on them which are double sided and fab to use on cards as toppers with the addition of a rub on or a stamped image, so that was what I set out to use. I buy my papers from Chrissy over at www.merlyimpressions.co.uk when I go to her bi-monthly crop, she has the largest selection in the UK and almost everyone gives her a 5* rating.


This first card uses the "Velvet Ensemble" collection. I took a turquoise card blank in 5x7 tent fold, I covered it with the text paper which I had run through my GC using the Swiss dot folder. I then matted a fabric looking paper with a hint of burgundy in it and tied some crushed ribbon around the edge. Then taking the panel with the image you see on I fussy cut it out and trimmed the rest to the size I wanted. I wrapped a little bit of lace around a scrap of the card and attached and then I took a rub on from the "friendship" collection and put that down at the top of the panel.
The backside of the text paper is that what I used to mat the panel on to. I then attached the fussy cut image down using silicon glue. I put some glossy accents on the fob watch and camera lens and attached a metal button to the one printed on the paper. I added 3 pearls to the bottom and there you go.


This card above uses the same paper collection but the small amounts left over.
The card is 5.5 x 5.5 so it will go in a 6 sq envelope as you can see I have over hung the image and sentiment this time.
I added a metal note charm to a length of bakers twine at the top for movement and the text paper has again been run through the GC with the same folder. The images have both been matted on to a different layer and 3 black gems added to the main one.

Thanks for stopping by today, I have more to share with you hopefully tomorrow.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment