Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Reasons to be cheerful.........

I went out on Sunday for a look around a fairly local craft shop in Buckingham and picked up a couple of new bits to play with. Whilst there I saw a great layout which inspired me to come home and get one done.

For this page I used 2 old photos of my DH who makes me smile everyday. Both photos were taken in Paris but a few months apart. We had two lovely holidays with our son whilst he was small staying in Gites we hired and that is where the first photo comes from. The second is a weekend away just the two of us but in the autum of 1999.



I took a sheet of pink and then added the miss caroline paper from My Minds Eye after cutting away a few places. The doily is already on the page but I added ribbon which I stiched down adding some beads. I then cut out some flowers using scraps to match the paper and a couple of tiny winged things too.
The words are from Kaisercraft  forget-me-not  and pickled pear collections. A few gems and brads dotted about and the page is ready. 

A close up of the flowers

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sue, fabulous layout! I can see why if the original looked anything like this! I just love the way you did the edges of the paper! Wow, it all is AWESOME!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout! Love the way you used the papers and how you enhanced the doily with those gorgeous flowers! Beautiful page to remember your lovely holidays!
    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete