Saturday, June 1, 2013

From this day forward.....

Happy Saturday,

Well I just had to come on and post this card as I was so pleased with the way it came out.

My good friend asked if I could make her a wedding card.  I have been dying to use my new Spell Binder die which I picked up at Ally Pally a couple of months ago. As I was not given any colours to work with I decided to use this red rose paper I have been looking after for a few years lol. I would have loved to receive a card like this on my wedding day so I hope this young bride feels the same.

The card is 8x8 in a deep red card stock. I matted the rose paper on gold mirri and placed it down. Then I took the Kanban rose and script panel and matted that on gold. I cut out 2 hearts using spare card blank card and made the mats from mirri. The cream lace I couldn't see so I added a strip of burgundy ribbon first.
The stamp is a Kaisercraft clear stamp and the charm my friend gave me. I made a double bow and added a heart pin and a crystal pin too. Everything is raised off the card as I used pinflair glue.


Thanks for stopping by today and have a great one.

Sue

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous card! Love everything about it!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda,
      Thanks for taking the time to pop by I know you are so busy. Glad you like this one. I had to make a box for it in the end as I couldn't squeeze it in the envelope lol.

      Sue

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This is so lovely and elegant. A gift all by itself. I love it!

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chriss,
      Thanks for leaving me a comment, you are always so kind to do so. Glad you like it.

      Sue

      Delete