Saturday, October 12, 2013

All about the night...Challenge 121

Well it is Saturday so that tells it is time for another challenge over at www.myshericrafts.com and this time design team member Charlotte has asked us to create a card or project with night time as the theme.

I came up with this one which I am thinking could be a Halloween card it just needs a sentiment somewhere.


This card is a 5x5 which I removed a strip at the side and replaced with the orange which I first ran through an embossing folder. I used the bakers twine lighten it up.

The image is by Shena Douglas which I stamped and embossed in her WOW black powder  I coloured the tree in using a pencil. Then using a sheet of paper I made the hills, then covered them up and added the sky. I added the little bushes at the bottom afterwards.

I mounted the image on the same orange as the side strip then added two thin strips which I cut using deckle edge scissors. A few dashes and dots finished it off.

Now it is your turn to create something and link up with us for a chance to become our guest designer.

Sue



6 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, I wish we lived closer so you could show me how you did the sky and the bushes! wonderful job on it all!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene you've set with your stamping and masking skills, Sue!!! It totally could be a Halloween card or just about any fall occasion you'd need a card for -- very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge and such an amazing project! Your coloring is fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great night scene Sue! I love the way you did the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, you found such a serene image for this project. This could be used for anything, not necessarily Halloween. I love the amazing job you did with the coloring! WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete