Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Retirement Cards

Hi,
Today I'd like to share with you a couple of cards for colleagues of my husbands who are leaving their working lives behind them (lucky things).


This first one uses a Verve sketch from a wee while back. It's a 6x6 white base card then some embossed Basic Grey paper stitched on to so black is added. I cut a doily out of pink glitter paper but only used half. Then I stamped a Verve saying on to some white card which I then die cut and mounted. I used more of their stamps and dies, to add dimension everything went on pop dots.

This next one is for a guy and so I thought I'd use the pocket watch stamp.

Again I made a 6x6 white card blank. I inked the stencil of cogs using "Denim" ink on to smooth white card and then using "London Smog" I added the brick stamp, then I added the pocket watch. Once dry I mounted it on to navy card and added to the card base.
I printed out my own greeting and layered up, then I cut out another watch face which I removed the 4 dials and mounted them on to the card using pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful backgrounds, Sue. I especially like the use of the octagon layers in your first card (gorgeous colors and layout). And the stenciling in your second card looks amazing with that beautiful time element! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete