Thursday, August 4, 2016

3 of a kind!

Hi,
Well I think I'd better get started on some Christmas cards (I say this quiet as my DH won't say the word out loud till mid December as he's a postie!!) and what better place to start than checking out the jingle belles blog I look at this site every year and myself and BFF Sandy say we are going to do it!! but here we are in August and only just adding our first!

The challenge this fortnight is to make a card with 3 of something on it, such as 3 Kings, 3 Trees etc Well I've made 2 cards and here is my first. See if you can tell what there is on it to make it fit the bill.

I'll give you a clue, there are 3 different items which have 3 on!

The card is a 5x7 cream card blank which I have covered with a brown with pale blue dot, I picked this pad up in 2008. Then from the same pad I took the basket weave paper and matted it on to red card. Then the Jingle Bells music sheet is by Graphic45, I curled the edges and inked then layed both down on a jaunty angle. I added the holly ribbon along with two jingle bells. The 3 holly bunches I cut out from another Graphic45 paper and added to the corners with one being lifted on foam pads.
To finish off I had to add 3 red pearls, a sentiment peeloff and the last thing was some Perfect Pearls in powder blue over some of the dots on the paper.
Have you found the 3x3 of a kind then? Well I've told you 2, the third is Jingle Bells it is written 3 times on the music sheet, once is the title and twice in the music itself!

Thanks for stopping by today, leave a word or two so I know you've been.
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, I've got some of the g45 paper and haven't used it yet lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your triple trio ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous holiday card, i love that you have THREE sets of three and they're all so wonderful! thanks for helping us celebrate christmas, cubed, at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card -- just love the music sheet! Thanks so much for linking up to Merry Monday's Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete