Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Indian Runners!!

Hi,

Today I'd like to share this fun card I made for my friends son who will be turning 21 shortly. He has many hobbies one being keeping ducks for their eggs (his mum is a fabulous baker) he has 2 breeds Alylesbury and Indian Runners. His mum asked if I could incorporate them somewhere.

So here is what I came up with...


This is a large A5 card which I have added the star paper to. Then using my printer I wrote the text as she had asked and then inked around the edges with Denim ink. I decided to stitch around the two corners using blue thread. Then I die cut the 3 star shapes out along with a few tiny ones too.
Using foam pads I added it to the card, the cut outs allow the paper to show through. I die cut the 21 today and the fantastic using a bright blue glitter card along with a few tiny stars too. 
After sticking it down I felt it was lacking something?? I had already printed off a photo I found online of the pair of Indian Runners which I mounted and added to the lost leaf inside, but my first attempt had been too small so rather than throwing it out I cut them out and added them in to the stars, so they look like they are looking on!
His mum loves the card, now I just have to wait to see if he does too.

Thanks for stopping by today, leave a few words so I know who's been.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment